“…serve one another with the gift each of you has received.”
— 1 Peter 4:10
The primary role of the usher is to greet people as they enter the church.
Additionally, ushers will:
• Seat attendees at mass
• Select individuals/families for procession of gifts
• Collect the congregation’s monetary offering
• Direct flow of lines for Communion
• Assist elderly or persons with handicaps as needed
• In case of an emergency, report or contact the people needed for the situation (ex. ambulance)
• Distribute worship aids and bulletins
Monthly rotation at a mass time you request. Ushers are required to be punctual and time conscious as they need to be at church earlier than the rest of the congregation.
Please email Joe Discipio or phone 708-482-8975 if interested or for more information.