Who We Are
St. Francis Xavier is a Catholic grade school located in La Grange, approximately 15 miles west of Chicago, IL.. We serve families from over ten surrounding communities and continue to welcome students who might otherwise attend our well-regarded public schools. Our local community places a high value on academic achievement, which is reflected in the annual reports for surrounding public and Catholic schools. Families continue, however, to make the choice to send their children to Saint Francis Xavier School.
Our Preschool program offers a developmental early childhood program in a safe, consistent, nurturing environment that encourages the social, emotional, physical, and intellectual growth of children at their own rate. The unique personality, needs, abilities and learning style of each child are accepted and appreciated. The teachers work with the parents to make this experience the best for each child.
- Students attend mass on a regular basis.
- Students plan and prepare grade level prayer services
- Religion is taught on a daily basis.
- St. Francis Xavier’s curriculum meets the requirements of the State of Illinois and the Archdiocese of Chicago’s Office of Catholic schools. While our Catholic identity is a presence throughout our courses, our curriculum is comprehensive.
- St. Francis Xavier School offers an integrated arts program which includes music, art, physical education, library, and Spanish programs.
- Our technology specialists works with individual and grade level teachers ensuring technology is interwoven into each and every lesson.
- Our award-winning Service Program is unique to St. Francis Xavier School. Each grade level has a specific, dedicated theme which involves three components: education; reflection; and action.
- St. Francis Xavier Parish runs an in-house Food Pantry and BEDS program at which our students frequently volunteer.
- Our 8th graders spend their academic year in Religion focusing upon a Service theme of their choice developing, writing, and presenting the impact this theme has had on them.
Our 2 Campuses:
Dedicated Resource Rooms
State of the art Science Lab
Art & Music Rooms
Gymnasium with Stage
Lunch room / gathering space
PreK 4 – K use interactive whiteboards; Grades 1-3 are 2:1 with iPads; Grades 4-8 are 1:1 with Chromebooks
Ceiling mounted overhead projectors
No-Cut Athletic Program for Girls & Boys in grades 5-8:
Track and field