Especially for Advent
Visit Loyola Press
Books for Adults
- Catholic Spirituality for Adults series: Search this series at orbisbooks.com for complete list of titles and authors.
- With Open Hands by Henri Nouwen: Reflections on prayer
- The How-To Book of the Mass: Everything You Need to Know but No One Ever Taught You by Michael Dubriel
- Rediscovering Catholicism by Matthew Kelly
- Give Us This Day series from Liturgical Press: Published monthly, a lectionary based daily prayer including reflections and stories on the saints.
- Catholic Customs & Traditions: A Popular Guide by Greg Dues
- United States Catholic Catechism for Adults: A very accessible presentation of our Catholic beliefs; written by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Catholic Study Bible from Oxford Univ. Press: New American Bible translation with extensive fascinating commentary
- Prayer by Joyce Rupp
- Introduction to the Bible: A Catholic Guide to Studying Scripture by Stephen J. Binz
- My Life with the Saints by James Martin
Children, Teens, and Family
Word on Fire: An outreach of Fr. Bob Barron to draw people deeper in faith
Learn@CTU: Educational resources from Catholic Theological Union, including Scripture reflections, podcasts, and lectures
Creighton University’s Online Ministry
Busted Halo: An online magazine for Young Adult spiritual seekers.
Word among us: Daily meditation based on readings; Sundays come with questions.
Jesuit Post: Jesuits thinking and writing at the intersection of faith and culture.
U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops: Keep up with daily Scripture readings, news, and resources from the church.
Laudate: A comprehensive app including Daily Mass Readings, Liturgy of Hours, New American Bible, the Rosary, and more!
My Year of Faith: Providing an online community of daily catechesis and challenges for spiritual growth.
Catholic Mass Times Church Directory: Helps you locate the nearest churches and Mass times.
Saint of the Day: From AmericanCatholic.org.
Twitter and Facebook
- @pontifex (Pope Francis)
- @USCCB (U.S. Council of Catholic Bishops)
- @jamesMartinSJ (Fr. James Martin, SJ)
An exclusive night at the theatre for SFX parishioners and their guests. Wednesday, October 24 Complimentary Reception: 6:45-7:45 PM Refreshments at Intermission . . .
Parish Ministries and Organizations are divided into 4 Commissions: The purpose of the Spirituality/Worship commission is to encourage the work of sanctification/growth in holiness, through worship, . . .