COVID-19 UPDATE: During this unprecedented time, we have modified food pantry operations to meet increasing demand in a safe environment. The Pantry remains open each Tuesday 10:00-11:30 am with a drive-thru service. We are not accepting new volunteers at this time. Food donations can be dropped off on Mondays 9 am-noon at the south door of the Rectory. We are currently serving approximately 130 families representing about 400 individuals each week.
Loving God, give us our daily bread and remind us to share what we have so all people have their daily bread. Amen.
Our mission is twofold: (1) to provide supplemental nutritious food assistance to those in need in a safe, respectful and prayerful environment and (2) to partner with our community to support the pantry through food drives and volunteer opportunities.
• Located at St. Francis Xavier church parking lot (124 N. Spring Avenue – LaGrange).
• Distributes food every Tuesday from 10:00-11:30 am, 51 weeks of the year (closed week between Christmas and New Year).
• Serves anyone who needs food assistance in the 60525 and 60526 zip codes. Registrants need to provide proof of residence (e.g., driver’s license, utility or medical bill, etc.). We serve an average of 130 families (or approximately 380 individuals) each week.
• Each family receives non-perishable and perishable food.
Volunteer & Donor Information
• Food donations can be dropped off on Mondays 9 am-noon at the south door of the Rectory. We kindly request food that is not expired.
• Monetary Donations can be made via:
(1) Parish Give Central - Click Here
(2) text PANTRY to 708-340-6630
(3) Checks made payable to
SFX Food Pantry
Drop off to Rectory mail slot or
mail to 124 N Spring Ave
La Grange, 60525
• Nonperishable food items we need include: nonsugared cereal, pasta, mac ‘n cheese, rice, potatoes, tomato sauce, tuna, peanut butter, jelly, low sugar canned fruits and low sodium canned vegetables, soup, and beans.
• We also provide “specials” when available, including coffee, tea, snacks, condiments, baking goods, personal hygiene products, baby items, laundry and dish detergent and paper towels.
• Our homeless clients receive a bag specially packed to meet their needs (ready-to-eat, pop-top cans, paper plates, bowls, utensils, cold drinks, etc.).
• We provide food donations to community organization clients including BEDS, LADSE and Township of Lyons.
• Fresh produce is provided via the Greater Chicago Food Depository (GCFD), Share the Harvest, a group of community gardens and purchases we make at local grocery stores.
• If you or your group volunteers at the GCFD, we receive $5/hour credit per individual so please be sure to designate the SFX Food Pantry (Agency # A00419) on your volunteer form when you check-in. The credit we receive is used to purchase food from the Depository for our food pantry. You can register to volunteer at: www.chicagosfoodbank.org.
• We have about 10 weekly volunteers who assist with distribution, preparing and packing the food bags. When COVID-19 restrictions are lifted we look forward to partnering again with, community organizations, including businesses, area churches, elementary and high school students, and scout groups to provide food and volunteer support.
We are so grateful for the ongoing support of our generous community!
Please email Mary Freeman, Food Pantry Coordinator, or call (708) 352-0168 for more information.