The SFX Religious Education Advisory Board works to:
- Provide support to the catechists and RE Director in an advisory capacity
- Encourage and support parents to participate in the religious education program as well as to grow in the role of their child’s “primary catechist”
- Build community through sponsorship and participation in parish-wide events.
- Host RE Fundraisers and Events
- The Board assists the catechists through a program called Catechist Outreach (CO). CO encourages catechists to informally involve parents in the Religious Education classroom and grade-level activities.
- One goal of this involvement is for catechists to receive more wide-spread volunteer help, hopefully easing the catechists’ responsibilities.
- Another goal is to encourage parents to become more fully invested in their child’s religious education, thus fostering a strong religious education community.
Throughout the year, the Catechist Outreach component encourages parents to work with their children in and out of the classroom. By volunteering in their child’s classroom, assisting outside of class, or at special liturgies, parents make a wonderful contribution to the children and the catechists in the program. They also strengthen their role as the primary catechist for their child.
The SFX Religious Education Program depends upon parent volunteers, so the Board works to instill a community spirit within the various volunteer opportunities.
The Board further builds community through participation in parish-wide service projects.
The Board is represented on the Education Commission of the Parish Pastoral Council and is encouraged to attend a wide-range of parish events.
For more information about becoming part of the Advisory Board, please contact Elis Guidice, at 708-352-4555.