Health and Wellness
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION / IMMUNIZATION RECORDS
Illinois State Law requires that all students prior to entering:
- Illinois schools for the first time
- 6th Grade
- 9th Grade
must have a current (conducted within one year of entering the given grade) physical examination with a current immunization record. Students entering sixth grade will be required to provide proof of Tdap vaccination along with the school physical forms that are also required for these grades.
Illinois requires students to have proof of immunization to enter school. We request that your child’s health/immunization form be in the school office no later than August 1, 2021. The completed health/immunization form (with parent section top of page 2 completed and signed) may be brought to the rectory mail slot or mailed to school. Students must have an Illinois Child Health Examination form signed by a physician, nurse in physician’s office, school nurse, or local health agency and the form has to show: the type of immunization given, number of immunizations and dates immunizations were given. If the form is not received by October 15th, the child will be excluded from school until they can prove they received the required immunizations or proof of future doctor's appointment or unless the child has a valid medical or religious exemption.
The State of Illinois has mandated that dental examinations are required for children entering:
- 2nd Grade
- 6th Grade
- St. Francis Xavier School recommends children entering school for the first time to have a dental examination.
Each child is required to present proof of examination by a dentist prior to May 15 of the school year.
Vision examinations are required for children entering:
- Or upon first entry into an Illinois school beyond Kindergarten.
- Before October 15 of the school year, each child to whom the eye examinations requirement applies is required to present proof of an eye examination by a licensed optometrist or medical doctor who performs eye examinations.
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- This completed Health Examination form may be substituted for the Athletics Physical form, however, the Athletics form cannot be substituted for the State of Illinois Certificate of Child’s Health Examination.
- Please retain a photocopy for your own records.
- Physicians must conform to State Law requirements regarding immunizations or your child may be excluded from school.
- We request that your child’s health/immunization form be in the school office no later than August 1, 2021. If the form is not received by October 15th, the child will be excluded from school until they can prove they received the required immunizations or proof of future doctor's appointment or unless the child has a valid medical or religious exemption.
- Please call the school office at 708-352-2175 if you have any questions.
- DENTAL FORM
- DENTAL WAIVER FORM
- EYE EXAMINATION FORM
- EYE EXAMINATION WAIVER FORM
- FOOD ALLERGY EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN
- HEALTH EXAMINATION FORM
- SELF MEDICATION AT SCHOOL 2021-2022
- STUDENT HEALTH REQUIREMENTS LETTER
- AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS
- CENTER for DISEASE CONTROL (CDC)
- RESTORE ILLINOIS
- STREP THROAT
- CONJUNCTIVITIS (Pink Eye)
- HEAD LICE
- INFLUENZA- A
- FIFTH DISEASE
- ENTEROVIRUS (aka Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease)
We have been informed that we will have protocols for opening the 20-21 school year at the beginning of August. The Archdiocese Task Force will be waiting for the most up to date information from the CDC, the IDPH and other local health agencies to make these decisions. At that time, we will meet to decide how we will implement these up-to-date guidelines at SFX. Our families will then be informed. Our 1st day of school for K - 8th Grade will be August 24th. The first day for PS3 and PK4 will be August 25th.